Saturday, May 19, 2007

Mother's Day Cards

This is the card I ended making for my Mom for Mother's day. I was inspired by many I've seen using the flower for the "O".


I wouldn't typically pick greens for this kind of card, but I started with this flower, and that's just how it turned out. I stamped the background with one of the stamps from the Looks Like Spring set by Stampin Up, using a clear embossing pad, and then embossed it with transparent powder. I used my Fiskars shape cutter for the m's and matted them with white. The ribbon came from Michael's.
I decided to do a long card, because with the size of the flower, it was too crowded to do a smaller one. My Mom really liked it. And, both Mom's really liked their gifts!

I also made for each of them a set of cards and a tote to hold them. I used the "one sheet wonder" (OSW) method, where I used a sheet of patterned paper cut up in different sizes/shapes and used it in different ways on the cards. I kept them all pretty simple.

For the first set I found instructions with measurements for a OSW and used it as a guide. You can see the original here, and the instructions and measurements for the tote and the cards here.



I was also inspired by another SCS'er for this set, but I can't find the link. I thought I had saved it, but apparently I didn't. If I can find it, I will come back and add it.


This second set actually ended up with 10 cards in it, but somehow, one of them didn't make it into the picture. (You can click the pictures to view larger.)

4 comments:

onemotherslove said...

Oh my goodness, everything you make is so beautiful!!!

Heidi said...

Those sets are great! They would make a very nice gift!

Anonymous said...

HI!I JUST FOUND YOUR BLOG THROUGH CHELE'S LINK LIST. WOW! YOUR STUFF IS AMAZING! NICE CLEAN CARDS! THANKS FOR SHARING WITH US!

In Pursuit of His Call said...

The set idea was awesome! So pretty!!!