Monday, May 07, 2007

More Cards for May

I finished up some more cards for the busy month of May. With the completion of these, I only have one more that I HAVE to get done, and I guess I really should make one for my son who turns 13 this month, and one for our anniversary. I also did three more in addition to these, but I can't post them yet, as they are for a contest at Paper Petal Memories that will be posted tomorrow. Once it is over, I'll post them here. And one of the gals at PPM is a nurse in a Pediatric Trauma Center and a bunch of us are making cards to send to her that they will be able to give to the parent's who have lost children, and for families who spend an extended amount of time with them do to the severity of their child's injuries. And even some for the kids who are there for a long time. I'd really like to try to get as many as I can done for that. So, I hopefully I'll actually end up with quite a few more cards made this month. Now, for the ones I've done:

I didn't have the stamp I really wanted to do this wedding card with, and though I'm trying to see if I can borrow it from someone, I went ahead and made this just in case. The wedding colors are black, white and lavender, so I wanted to use those colors for the card. The words are silver embossed. I think everything else is pretty straightforward on this card.

I made this anniversary card for my hubby's cousin. They are the parents of the cousin I made the wedding card for. The paper is from the Flavia collection by Colorbok. For some reason, I've been finding these papers a bit difficult to work with, maybe because they aren't the colors/style I typically work with. But I was determined to do something with them, and I think I'm quite happy with the way this turned out. I sanded the edges of the paper, and of the square accent paper. The stamps are the Studio G acrylic $1 stamps from Michael's. Ribbons are from Michael's and I believe the metal plaque is by Making Memories.

This is a very simple card, but I really like the way it turned out. I used a sketch from our sketch challenges at Paper Petal Memories. (And I still need to post my card there!!) This was a quick one to make. Again, used the Studio G stamp for the sentiment.

I think this one turned out so cute! This is for one of my little cousins who is having a birthday. I got the idea here, and she even had a link for printing out the maze. Mine is a little different, but the idea was definitely hers! This used more of the Studio G stamps, and the frog is from Stampin Up's Very Punny set. I really like the monochromatic look here.

And last for today is one more birthday card. I actually didn't do this one from scratch. I already had the card made, but it was all on the blue, and I wasn't happy with it because it was a little flimsy. So I cut off the front and trimmed it and adhered it to a white (sturdier) base. And I added the brads because I felt it just needed a little something else.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Jennifer,
These cards are beautiful! Thank you for sharing them....Do you mind if I borrow a few of the ideas??? I don't have the same stamps...but I love the maze one.
Robin
http://tqmnurse.blogspot.com

Debi said...

Wow! Oh girl, you put me to shame! How do you get so much done?!! And they are all gorgeous cards! Every last one of them!