Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Rock a bye Baby

While I was blog-hopping this morning, I came across a cute sketch and thought I'd give it a try, since I'm so far behind in my scrapbooking these days!

I saw the sketch on this blog along with her too-cute layout. The sketch actually comes from here, by Q-diggity at Scrapbook.com.

This is a picture I've wanted to scrap for a while, knowing the poem I wanted to use with it. Since this sketch was perfect for using one photo, I decided to use this one. I'm not 100% happy with the way my lettering for my title came out, but it'll do. I made this in an 8x8 size.

The poem reads:
Cleaning and scrubbing
can wait 'til tomorrow
For babies grow up
we've learned to our sorrow.
So quiet down cobwebs
Dust go to sleep
I'm rocking my baby
and babies don't keep.

I used miscellaneous papers, the flower is Creative Elements (Wal-Mart) and the font for the poem is "A Little Pot" (Downloaded from internet.) My title was done by cutting letters from an old stencil I have.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Jennifer....
Love this layout....
My grandmother gave me this poem whenmy oldest was born 24 years ago....I loved it then....love it now....
Unfortunately, when we moved some of our stuff was stolen and that was one of them......thanks for bringing back the memory

Corie said...

This is just precious!!