Monday, March 12, 2007

Recipe Cards

I am hosting a Recipe Swap at Paper Petal Memories. I had participated in one quite a while back, and decided I wanted to add to my book so I started up another one. I had 6 categories with 4-6 spots in each group in which I made my recipes to swap with the other participants. I have now decided I am going to add all my favorite recipes to my book in the same manner. (And this will be making only one of each recipe instead of multiples!) I just love having my recipes look so nice! Anyway, here are the recipes I did for this swap.

For the Appetizer category, I did Hot 'n Cheesy Crab Dip



Soup/Salad category - Bacon and Baked Potato Soup (YUM!)


Main Dish Category - Savory Chicken Pizza (So easy and yummy!)


Veggies/Side Dishes - Italian Bacon & Tomato Risotto (Not a true risotto - it uses rice, but very good!)


Dessert Category - Chocolate Candy Cane Cake (This is AWESOME and was a big hit at Christmas)


Beverage Category - Peachy Iced Tea Sangria


All the recipes are 5.5 x 8.5. I store them in a three-ring binder in page protectors. I can fit four in each protector. I'll probably have to add a second binder before too much longer. I made dividers for each category on full pages. I plan to add tabs to those as well to make it easier to flip to each group.


I usually just pop the page out that contains a recipe I'm using, so it stays safe from spills and splatters in the page protector. On most of the cards the entire recipe is on one side, so I don't have to remove them from the sleeve to use the recipe. I love my recipe binder full of colorful recipes!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You make some really beautiful things! I especially love the set you made for Baby Hannah - what a lovely friend you are!

Unknown said...

I love your blog! Thank you for sharing...Don't you love your recipe layouts??? I didn't join this particular one as my recipe layouts are 8 x8...
You have awesome papercrafts....I'll be back to visit