Saturday, December 15, 2007

My First Nugget Tin!

I've been seeing these for a while now and have been wanting to make one. I saw a cute one on Wanda's blog where she used a gift card tin from Michaels. I had been looking in all the wrong places for one. Then she posted a message and told where to find them. Right up at the registers! They had been right in my face the whole time!

She used an adorable snowman tin, I really wanted one like that, so I searched every register. But to no avail. So I picked up this one and a candy cane one. The picture of the candy cane one is still on my camera. I will post it later.

Using these tins couldn't be easier, because you really don't need to do anything to them! And with using labels to go on the Hershey's Nuggets is so easy - and fun!

So here's my first one.

Then I just made a band using cardstock, to go around it and hold it together. It slides right off.

I see many more of these in my future, as they can be used for any occasion! And these Christmas tins? I plan to check Michaels right after Christmas and hope to find them marked down so I can stock up for next year!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for visiting! I was so happy someone recognized the doll as Mrs. Beasley-do you still have her? Well, I think the tin is a lovely idea for a Christmas present! Especially with hershey chocolates in. I like the way you decorated it. I go into town on Saturdays so I will have to go into Michaels and see if I can find some cardstock and a tin! Great idea! Blessings, Rose