Monday, May 05, 2008

I Really Am Back!

It's been WAY too long since I've posted regularly here. But I really am back. I'm back into the groove of making things. I've been quite busy and have lots of things to share, and I plan to stay busy making lots more!

A big reason I've been busy is I've finally gotten up the nerve to open an Etsy shop. I really hope I can do well with it. I need to get even busier making more things to put in there, as the pickings are quite slim at the moment. I've been busy with so many other things too, including catering a wedding reception last weekend. Now that that's behind me, I can focus on my business.

I've even gotten a couple of orders from friends, so I'm hoping word of mouth is going to work well for me!

Anyway, the cards I'm sharing are two that sold from my Etsy shop. I'll be back with much more in the coming days!!

I really love these two cards, and apparently I need to make some more like them since they were snatched up pretty quickly!

The stamp is one from the $1 bin at Michael's. I had been trying to get my hands on one for a very long time, but my store never had any. I wanted one so badly, I couldn't stand it. Then one day I just happened to check EBay at the right time and there was one on there about to expire. I got it just in time! Made my day that day!

In the first card, I paper pieced her dress, hat, purse and shoes. (Cutting out the tiny bit for the shoes was not the easiest thing in the world - my fingers are much too big for such tiny work!) The dress is the same patterned paper that is on the card, and the hat, shoes and purse use the same pink cardstock that the image is matted in.
The congratulations stamp is by Stampendous.



On this card, I colored in the image with colored pencils. The congrats stamp on this one is also from the $1 bin. The ribbon that is tied to the polka dot ribbon appears green in the photo, but it is actually brown.

That's all for now - I'll be back tomorrow with two more cards.

Have a fantastic week!

1 comment:

Karen said...

Love these! Everything I see a great pregnancy stamp set, I am so tempted to buy it. Then I talk myself out of it because I can't justify the cost for the amount of use it wold get...but the $1 bin at Michaels! That's the perfect way to get a stamp for this card!!

Btw, your posts here are always inspiring and make me want to run right into my office and start making cards :)