Friday, June 15, 2007

Graduation Card

OK, I have been in a very dry spell the past couple weeks, and my fingers are aching to get messy! I NEED to create something, and SOON! There are just so many other things that have needed to be done, that it's taking all my creative mojo!

So, I'm sharing a card I made a couple weeks ago for a cousin who was graduating.

This card isn't fancy or anything - it was for a boy, so I couldn't get cutesy or froo-froo. What made me smile about this card was the colors.

I received the graduation invitation and decided to use the school colors as my inspiration. I was tickled pink when I discovered I had the same exact purple colored paper that was on the invitation!

The second color was gold, and I had just enough of that in my scrap pile to work. I did have to run out and buy some gold embossing powder - I knew I wanted the image embossed in gold!

I only had one graduation stamp to work with, and I even looked for one when I went to get the ep, but couldn't find one. So I worked with what I had.

I found matching purple and gold embroidery thread and thought that worked just right. Then I added a gold brad with a little bit of the thread for the tassel. I was quite pleased with the way it turned out.

And when Steven turned the card over, he was surprise to see my stamp on the back. He said he was expecting to see a Hallmark symbol. I'll take that as a compliment!



It doesn't look like I will have much time this weekend to do any creating either, but hopefully next week - we'll see!

2 comments:

Selena said...

Lovely work!

Barb said...

The card is perfect for a boy. Very classy looking without being fussy.

Thank you for your sweet comments on my endless wedding posts. Just wanted to let you know your name is in the hat for the favor giveaway.